Speaker Intro: Tony Gareri, CEO of Roma Moulding, Reinventing Culture!
You are going to love Tony Gareri.
I mean it – he is the real deal when it comes to a CEO who cares about people and culture. Rebecca (our awesome ReInvent Summit Intern) and I got a chance to meet Tony a couple of months ago at Roma Moulding. After a tour and introductions to employees in all variety of functions, we sat down and heard Tony’s story of culture change.
I don’t want to give it all away here because you’ll hear it directly from Tony on May 19th, but here are the highlights:
Roma Moulding is a 30-year old, family-owned manufacturing business which until just over 3 years ago had a very traditional culture
- Tony, Roma’s current CEO, was unhappy, as were employees across the organization, which was struggling with the effects of the economic recession
- After a chance discussion in Vegas and some inspiration from Zappos, Tony decided that a culture revolution was needed at Roma
- Tony started with working with the team to create core values that everyone could truly get behind and live by
- The Values have now become part of the way they work together at Roma, how they recognize each other, and more
- The culture of positivity, fun, creativity and passion is palpable as soon as you enter their offices at Roma Moulding – from the design of the office, to the music playing, to the bell that, when rung, causes cheering and fun – but especially through the conversations you have with the highly engaged employees and with Tony
During my last visit to Roma Moulding, Tony and I shot this quick video intro. Check it out and then join us on May 19th at the Reinvent Work Summit to hear how Tony made such a revolutionary change to culture!